4 Ways to Obtain a Polish Citizenship
Moving to another country you intend to obtain a citizenship. Changing the way of life and place of residence, you very often do not think about how many years it will take to become a full-fledged citizen of the chosen country, Poland in this case. But sometimes it’s wrong, as choosing the right path can shorten the period to the coveted desire. In the article, we will describe 4 ways to obtain a citizenship that will take from 2 to 10 years depending on the method. After reading the article, you will understand that one or two ways do not suit you, thus you will be able to choose the most suitable for you from the remaining ones. Remember, you can live in the country for 10 and more years and already think that you’re a Pole at heart, but if you don’t do everything correctly you will get to know that you can not obtain a citizenship. You should evaluate the duration of your way realistically so as not to waste your precious years of life in vain.
In general, the Poles do not really want to give a citizenship or a residence permit to the EU, as in their opinion you will leave for another country because the way to all EU countries will be opened for you at once. Millions of Poles did in such way but it’s not profitable for the state, however, if you do everything right, they will not be able to refuse you because of the law, and in Poland, they adhere to the law more than in our countries.
How to Get Polish Citizenship if You Have Polish Roots?
- Obtaining Polish Card — you need to supply documentary proof of your Polish origin or make a significant contribution to the development of Polish culture and community. You will also need to pass an examination on the knowledge of the Polish, culture, and history.
- National Visa — you get a visa, usually, it takes a couple of weeks.
- At the end, you are applying for the Permanent residence card in Poland and in 1 year you are applying for a citizenship.
This is the easiest and fastest way of course if you have the item 1st.
Obtaining a Citizenship if You Work in Poland
- You get either a Work or a National visa for a period of 1 year.
- Temporary residence card — closer to the end of the visa you are applying for the Temporary residence card.
- Residence permit in the EU of a long-term resident — you will be able to apply in 4 years. It is possible that you will have to repeat paragraph 2 since the Temporary residence card can be given both for 1 and 4 years. Citizenship of the Republic of Poland — you can apply for a citizenship in 3 years after obtaining a residence permit.
As you can see, the terms for obtaining a citizenship have increased several times …
Acquiring a Citizenship if You Study in Poland
- Obtaining a national visa, it is also a student visa.
- Temporary residence card due to study — apply in a year after the visa ends.
- Temporary residence card due to work — you will have to find a job and draw up a card. In total, 4 years has already passed which means that you applied for item 2 at least 2 times.
- Residence permit in the EU of a long-term resident — you can apply in 3 years.
- Citizenship — you can apply at the expiry of 3 years.
A couple of years added…
Receiving Polish Citizenship due to the Marriage
- Visa on the invitation is issued for 3-12 months.
- Temporary residence card (on the basis of marriage) — you can apply after the registration of marriage.
- Permanent residence card — you can apply after 2 years of marriage having the Temporary residence card.
- Citizenship of the Republic of Poland — you can apply in 2 years after the formalization of item 3.
Who Grants the Citizenship of Poland?
President of the Republic of Poland and Governors.
Does Poland Ask for Renunciation of the Nationality?
Poland does not demand to renounce the previous citizenship.